Thursday 1 October 2015

Day 25 Progress and a Cheeky Chinese **RECIPE**

Since my sudden loss of motivation at the weekend I've been right back on it, the only downside is I'm no longer waking up feeling "fresh" and even slept right through my alarms on Tuesday morning (something I've not done in years). However, I've been finding I feel much better after breakfast... Although still hungry. On days I have time for four meals, I do, my pre workout snack of two boiled eggs, half an avocado and a nectarine worked wonders:


Today is day 25, and I must admit I'm loving this way of eating, although could do with eating more frequently. I woke up this morning not feeling bloated for the first time in about 6 days, I was beginning to think the amount of meat I've added back into my diet was causing it, but fingers crossed it's just a coincidence since I tucked into lovely slow cooked lamb last night and today I'm pain free:


For ages I wanted to make a sweet and sour, and try out cauliflower rice for "egg fried rice", today was the day and it sent me straight to food heaven! I didn't follow a recipe as I struggled to find a compliant W30 one, so I made my own:


Sweet & Sour Sauce

150ml Unsweetened Apple Juice
Tin of Pineapple Chunks (in own juice, no added ingredients)
3 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
Tin of Water Chestnuts, halved
1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Sprinkling of White Pepper
*(I also made up a paste using coconut flour and water to thicken the sauce, however this doesn't look good as it looks like bits of coconut floating around. Personally I don't think this adds to the texture of flavour and believe that by just reducing the sauce down it'll give a similar finish)

Veggies

1 Onion, chopped into 12 chunks
1 Green Pepper, cut into chunks
1 Red Pepper, cut into chunks
2 Garlic Cloves, minced

Meat

Any of your choice, browned in 1 teaspoon of Lucy Bee Coconut Oil or use king prawns or serve vegetarian.

Egg Fried Rice

1 Cauliflower, broken into small florets and pulsed in food processor until resembles rice
2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
2/3 Tablespoons Coconut Amino (to taste)
3 Eggs
Pinch of Salt
3 Spring Onions

Method

Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a pan (except the water chestnuts), simmer but continue to stir. Allow the sauce to reduce down until it's less watery and has a nice glaze. Add the water chestnuts right at the end so they keep their crunch.

Cook the meat in the coconut oil, then add the veggies. Soften before adding the sauce. Allow the sauce to thicken and glaze the meat and veggies, simmer until hot.

Meanwhile add one tablespoon of the sesame seed oil to another large frying pan or wok, add the whites of two spring onions (saving green parts for garnish). Crack two eggs into a bowl, whisk and add the second tablespoon of sesame seed oil and the pinch of salt. Drop into the hot pan and break apart as the egg cooks. Add the cauliflower rice and stir to mix. Finally add two tablespoons of coconut aminos, still well continue to heat on low for a minute.

Serve the two together, garnishing with remaining spring onions.

Serves 4.

I'd love to know what you think of this recipe, the coconut aminos are AMAZING! The perfect substitute for soy sauce, although not as thick the smell and flavour work so well in these two dishes.

You can also follow me on Twitter or over on Instagram where I bombard my feed with my daily meals!


No comments:

Post a Comment