Saturday 10 October 2015

Home Made Cherry Energy Bars **RECIPE**

These are really sweet, you could probably get away with using less cherries. I used cashews this time but fancy making them again with almonds (my favourite) for more of a cherry bakewell taste! Simple to make and last around a week in an airtight container in the fridge. Since Nakd bars are allowed on Whole30, I figured I'd make my own. They're great for on the go energy or before exercise.



INGREDIENTS (makes 12 bars):
  • 0.5 Cup of Dried Cherries (no added sugar)
  • 10 x Dates (pitted)
  • 1.5 Cups of Cashews
  • 1 Tablespoon of Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
  • 1-2 Tablespoons Water

METHOD:
  1. Place all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until combined, adding more water if needed.
  2. Scoop mixture into a silicone baking tray, pressing down to compress the mixture and refrigerate
  3. Turn out the slab and slice up evenly into 12 bars (pizza cutter)
  4. I store mine in an airtight container with baking paper separating the bars (they are sticky). 
Approximately 156 calories per bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment