Sunday 11 October 2015

My Whole30 Results and Reintroductions so Far

I finished my Whole30 on Monday (now Sunday), and since then I've been reintroducing foods I've missed having in my diet. I was a little delayed on taking my measurements but am generally happy with the results. I usually sit at around 9st 4lbs when in peak fitness, so was thinking I'd like my results to show this (although I don't generally go by weight). My main concern was losing muscle mass, really I wanted to retain that and lose body fat %.

Here's what happened

Before:



After:


Eurgh, and my before and after pictures which I really didn't want to post (excuse the mess) but wanted to share as personally I can really see the definition of my muscles looking much better. My stomach is also less bloated. My bum is noticeably smaller (though sadly flatter) and my legs look stronger.  



Key Points:

Basically, by completing the Whole30 I lost a total of 5.4lbs, 4lbs of that was fat (a whopping 2.2%) but sadly I also lost 1.8lbs of muscle. My metabolic age also dropped by 2 years, to the minimum the scales will go (15 years less than real age).

I lost 2.25" from my belly button measurements, 0.75" from the narrowest part of my waist, 0.75" from my hips, 0.5" from each leg and my arms stayed the same. Overall though I'm definitely looking much leaner and feeling much stronger.

The best thing for me so far is having more energy, and loving the food I'm making and consuming.

My skin is clearing up but I still get breakouts, my IBS and bloating have reduced and other medical conditions are beginning to improve too. I realise it'll still take time and in an ideal world I would have continued fully W30 for another 30 days but I have too many plans for the next month. So for now, it's W30 99% of the time.

My Reintroductions:

Day 31 - Added gluten free oats, no bad side effects.

Day 32 - Four squares of dark chocolate, only non compliant ingredient was raw cane sugar.

Day 33 - Woke up with a headache and bunged up, although hayfever is feeling bad. Introduced Greek yogurt for breakfast and unfortunately this really upset my stomach. Could have been fighting a bug though as remained bunged up all day, dizzy with headache and tiredness. Also had a hot chocolate with almond milk in the evening, which felt ok and tasted good, making me realise I 100% never need to drink milk ever again!

Day 34 - Had gluten free granola (other than oats the only non compliant ingredient was honey), and tried the Greek yogurt again, this time no upset stomach. Really bad hayfever still though, although this I fear was made worse from "spring" cleaning and neighbours/council out mowing the grass surrounding our house!

Day 35 - Still having gluten free oats for breakfast, either with almond milk or Greek yogurt. Today I made my own hummus as it's one thing I've really been missing. This reintroduced chickpeas and unfortunately sulphites as the chickpeas I had in the cupboard contained them (I've learnt for next time). This tasted amazing and so far so good!

Day 36 - Still eating mostly compliant food although this evening my snack was this (halloumi the new food but I'd already introduced dairy in the form of yogurt):


I'll keep tracking my reintroductions but it's important to remember that what agrees with me, might not agree with you, but enjoy playing around with your reintroductions and try to use it as a good opportunity to make some new recipes instead of buying pre-made (like my hummus), that way you know exactly what's going into your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment